The wait is over, the big day has arrived! Merry Christmas to everyone!!
Today is meant to be the happiest day in many peoples’ lives. It’s a day for families to spend quality time together, it’s a day for laughter and fun and it’s a day for presents and delicious food. BUT if there is something missing for you this Christmas, you may be expecting a sad and miserable day ahead. It could be that you’ve gained weight or lost the motivation to. So, if you’ve woken up feeling less than excited then this post is for you. Here are 6 very quick and easy ways for you to instantly feel better about yourself so that you can enjoy Christmas time to the fullest:
- Write down three things that you really love about yourself. It’s very important that you not only think of three things but that you physically write them down and with as much detail as possible. The process of writing enforces the beliefs into your sub-conscious mind which is where all the powerful and life enhancing changes begin. Prepare yourself though because the first things you’ll think of will most likely be negative but be ready to dismiss these immediately! Even if you have to force yourself to find positive things about yourself, do it!
- Write down three things that you are really grateful for today. They do not have to be the big things in life (although they can be!). Again, as I’ve said before, make sure that you spend the time to actually write it down and put in as much detail as possible. The mind is a total mystery when it comes to the sub-conscious but believe me, it exists and when you write things down, the positive footprint it leaves within you is much clearer and brighter.
- Pamper yourself. Even if it’s for half an hour, make time for it. It could be a relaxing bath followed by using a beautifully smelling lotion on your body. It could be giving yourself a hand and foot massage followed by a manicure/pedicure. Anything really that makes your body feel cared for and loved will be good enough.
- Wear comfortable clothes – If you pick a tight piece of clothing to wear, every mouthful of food you eat will make you feel self-conscious and guilty. Instead opt for soft, flowing materials that will let you breathe. Remember, you do not only have to wear tight, figure hugging clothes to look good.
- Do eat what you love. The more we deny ourselves, the worse our cravings will be and the more likely it is that we will overeat. Let yourself be free to eat everything that you desire, just remember to taste everything and not just ‘stuff’ it down your face. This is what I used to do, eating so fast as if there was no tomorrow didn’t let me taste anything and all it would achieve is leave me feeling stuffed and mega guilty. It also meant that I would eat far more because of my ‘famine’ mentality. If you know that you are allowed to enjoy your food, you will not eat as if your very life depended on it and instead, eat slowly, willfully and mindfully totally enjoying the taste and texture of everything that you eat.
- Don’t bargain with yourself. This will only make you eat more. When we approach anything with a lack mentality, we will gorge and feast as if you will never eat again. Instead, do not think about the coming week and how you are planning to be stricter with yourself for being ‘bad’ today. This is a massive mistake you should avoid at all costs. Only think about enjoying today and you will be able to not only approach it with a positive attitude but most importantly, it will allow you to enjoy it wholly and completely without the fear of self-punishment and guilt later on.
I hope this post helps anyone having a bad day. I wish you a healthy and happy Christmas.
Written by Sherry Taylor
Author of The Anti-Diet Lifestyle