Your job can make you put on weight!
Whether we like it or not, a large majority of us will spend most of our lives at work! When put like this, it can be a real eye opener, I mean if you just stop to consider the fact that:
- We tend to see our co-workers more than our loved ones!
- We spend more time at the office/shop/site than at home!
- We build relationships at work more than in our private lives!
If then, we find ourselves in a situation where we dislike or worse, hate our work, this can have a disastrous effect on our lives and can lead to:
- Low self-esteem
- Comfort eating
- A lack of motivation for life in general
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Feelings of being stuck in life
These negative feelings can literally spiral out of control, negatively impacting the quality of our entire lives!!
AND – If you are someone who is also trying to lose weight then being in a destructive situation at work will make it that much harder if not impossible for you to achieve your goal. You’re more likely to reach for food as a means of distraction and comfort and, without even knowing it you can become trapped in the vicious cycle of:
The obvious answer to freeing yourself is to leave your job and find another BUT we all know that it’s not that easy. In fact, as our jobs are our livelihood, very few of us have the luxury to even consider this option and, during times of economic crisis, it becomes even harder to even think about it.
What if there was another solution? Something you could put into practice right away that would begin to make you feel happier, more confident and help you to take back control of your job rather than letting it control you? Surely this is worth a try? If you’re even slightly curious read on!
What if I told you that you have the power to make your work situation instantly better by:
- Making the decision to face what the problems are at work such as;
- Why do you hate your job and what can you do about it?
- Do you have a problem with a certain person and if so, reaching out to them to talk?
- Arranging a heart to heart with your boss.
- Deciding to behave differently for example;
- Arriving on time or early
- Volunteering to help others
- Smiling more
- Joining in on conversations
- Having an open mind
- Becoming easier to manage by;
- Not resenting an instruction from your boss
- Accepting process changes
- Not complaining as much
- Trying to see the positives in any situation
- Seeing your boss as a human being
- Giving everything you do 100% time, effort, focus and energy such as;
- Completing tasks on time
- Checking your work
- Going the extra mile for your boss or client or co-worker
- Offering help
- Volunteering for training courses, additional responsibilities
- Not leaving tasks half-done
When you approach your work in this way, you will likely find that:
- Your boss will react differently to you
- Your co-workers will notice
- You will feel happier
- You will experience pride and job satisfaction
- Your customers / clients will appreciate you
- You will learn more
- You will become an asset to your company
Think about it, wouldn’t you like to feel happier and more appreciated? Wouldn’t you like to look forward to going to work and experience the great feelings that true team work bring?
If the answer is yes to any of the above, begin today to make the changes necessary and prepare yourself for the explosion of good feelings that will follow. If, after genuinely trying everything, you still hate your job, you will not have wasted your time as you will have evolved into someone better who will have the energy and determination to seek new opportunities where you will receive the recognition you deserve.
WRITTEN BY SHERRY TAYLOR
AUTHOR OF THE ANTI-DIET LIFESTYLE – 4 CRAZY STEPS TO WEIGHT LOSS SUCCESS!